Learn to Ski & Snowboard Programs
Every year New Hampshire ski areas put their best effort into making learning to ski or snowboard fun and affordable. These "learn to" programs put an emphasis on an enjoyable learning experience and helping the new skier or rider get used to the basics of the sport. Sessions include everything a first-timer needs to hit the slopes, and as an added incentive, many programs include a reward upon completion to help skiers and snowboarders enjoy their new sport as often as possible.
The following learn to ski or learn to snowboard programs are offered by ski areas all season long. In addition to these group lessons, private lessons are also available at every ski area. Be ready for your first day on the slopes by checking out our First Timer's Guide.
While many of these programs are offered to soon-to-be skiers & snowboarders as young as 6 years old, all Ski NH areas have dedicated learn to ski & learn to snowboard programs just for those ages 3-12. Click here for details on kids' learn to ski & snowboard programs.
Also be sure to check out the 2014 Ski NH Learn to Ski and Snowboard Free Week, January 11-17, 2014! First-time downhill skiers & snowboarders receive a free learn to ski or snowboard lesson, free equipment rentals & a free beginner terrain lift ticket. First-time cross country skiers receive a free learn to ski lesson, free equipment rentals & a free trail pass. Participants must register with Ski NH to download a Learn to Ski & Ride Free coupon, then make a reservation with one of our participating resorts. Registration at SkiNH.com will begin around January 1, 2014. Click here to learn more.
First-time downhill skiers & snowboarders receive a free learn to ski or snowboard lesson, free equipment rentals & a free beginner terrain lift ticket. First-time cross country skiers receive a free learn to ski lesson, free equipment rentals & a free trail pass. Participants must register with Ski NH to download a Learn to Ski & Ride Free coupon, then make a reservation with one of our participating resorts. Registration at SkiNH.com will begin around January 1, 2014. - See more at: http://www.skinh.com/ski-central/learn-to-ski-and-snowboard/NHfreeweek.aspx#sthash.t1rQYZ1J.dpuf
- Learn to Ski or Ride (age 13+) - The package includes a 90 minute lesson, all-day lift ticket, and rentals for $79.
- Red Carpet Learn to Ski or Ride (age 13+) - This package includes ski or board rental, a group lesson and unlimited access to the Learning Center Quad chairlift for $85.
- First Time Package (age 13+) - Package includes lesson, rental & beginner lift ticket for $70.
- GET (Guaranteed Easy Turns Package) - Program includes a beginner area lift ticket, rental equipment, and a 90 minute group lesson for $89 anytime.
- One Hour Lesson, Rental and Lift Ticket - Receive a one hour lesson, lift ticket and rental equipment for $99 for adults and $89 for youths 12 and under.
- Mountain Magic (age 6+) - This nationally recognized & award winning learn to ski or ride program includes rental skis or snowboard, lower mountain lift ticket and group instruction. Cost is $115.
- Three Day Package (age 6+) - For $215, you receive three days of lower mountain lift tickets, with a two-hour group lesson on each day, and ski or snowboard rental each day. Days can be used any time in the current season. At the completion of the third lesson, you receive 50% off all subsequent lessons during the current season, 50% off all rental equipment during the current season, $15 off any helmet from Mountainside Outfitters retail & demo center, 20% off ski wear in the Mountainside Outfitters retail shop, and choice of a Take 50 card which entitles you to 50% off your Prime Time or Night lift tickets purchased during the current season OR a Prime Time Season Pass, valid to the end of the current season for $199 for adult/teens (ages 13-64) or $139 for children/seniors (ages 6-12 and 65+).
- Upgrade Package (age 6+) - Complete your Mountain Magic experience. Start with the first day for $115 & you get a prime time lift ticket (lower mountain only), with a two-hour group lesson and ski or snowboard rental for the day. Add two more days for just $100, and you will be entitled to all the benefits upon completion of the program!
- First Timer Package - Purchase an all-day beginner lift ticket, equipment rental and receive a free group lesson. The cost is $69 for ages 13 and older and $54 for ages 8-12.
- 1-2-3 Ski or Snowboard is a flexible three-session learning package, including three all-day lift tickets (beginner lifts only on day one, and all lifts ticket days two & three), three lessons and three days of rentals. Cost is $159 for adults and $129 for ages 8-12. Upon completion guests receive a pass good for 50% off lift tickets, lessons and rentals for the remainder of the season.
- Learn to Ski or Snowboard - Get a beginner lift ticket, rental equipment and 5 hour group lesson for $149 for adults (ages 13+), the same package with a 3 hour group lesson costs $109 for adults (both include lunch).
- Discovery Camp - Geared towards children ages 7-12, guests receive a lift ticket, rental equipment and group lesson and lunch for $160.
- Learn-To Program - Package includes a 1-hour group lesson, rental equipment, helmet & beginner area lift ticket for ages 8+, and is available Wednesday-Friday evenings and weekends and holidays. Cost is $60.
- $39 Beginner Special - From December 7 through Friday, December 20, 2013 first-timers ages 4 and over can purchase a one-day Introduction to Skiing or Snowboarding package for only $39.
- Get Into Skiing or Snowboarding - The first day consists of a two-hour lesson, rental equipment and a South Peak Learning Area lift ticket for $89. A second day can be added for $46. Upon completion of the second day, guests receive a Mount Sunapee Flex Card, entitling the holder to discounts at the resort for the rest of the winter.
Offered to ages 13+.
- Tag-A-Long Program allows a parent to join a private lesson for his/her 3-4 year old and learn the methods of teaching that instructors use in order to be able to reinforce the methods during future ski days.
- Starter Special - Program for ages 6+ includes a beginner group lesson, rental equipment and lift ticket to lower mountain. The cost is $85 and enters you in the Passport Program.
- Passport Program - Beginner skiers or snowboarders purchase the Starter Special for three days and on the fourth day buy a lift ticket and rental package and receive a season pass for the rest of the season along with free use of rental equipment when available (not available for Saturday night POP).
- Guaranteed Learn to Ski or Ride - Get a lower mountain lift ticket, rental equipment, and two hour lesson for $69.
- To the Top - Purchase days 2 & 3 on your first Learn to Ski or Ride visit for $110, for $119 on your second visit, or on the day of each visit for $69. These include a lower mountain lift ticket, rental equipment, and a 2 hour lesson. The lift ticket can be upgraded to an all mountain ticket depending on your progress. At the end of the 3rd Day, you can purchase a discounted season pass to use the rest of the season for just $199 and seasonal rental equipment for only $99. Plus, receive 20% off your next year’s season pass also.
- Introduce a Friend - Bring a friend who buys a Learn to Ski & Ride 3 lesson package and you get a FREE lift ticket for the day. Buy a full-day/full-priced ticket for yourself, and your friend gets their first Learn to Ski & Ride lesson FREE.
- Learn to Ski/Ride Passport Program - Participants (ages 7 and older) receive a 2 hour lesson, equipment rentals and beginner lift ticket on the first day for $75, along with incentives for second and third visits.